I come from a long line of italians so cooking up the cuisine comes pretty naturally to me. In fact it’s my favorite food of all time to eat. It must be the carbs in the pasta that captures my heart. I love all italian cuisine though not just the pasta. Today’s recipe is a yummy chicken breast stuffed full of fresh ingredients from my garden. Tomatoes, fresh herbs and parmesan cheese. Ahhhh…..it couldn’t get any better. Or yummier! Keep reading to see it all come together.
Sorry I didn’t get too many photos of the preparation process. I needed to get dinner on the table fast. And truthfully this recipe was super fast, healthy and easy.
Start by prepping your chicken. Cutting a slit and making a pocket in each chicken breast. If you accidentally cut a hole through your breast or its a little thin just use a tooth pick to reinforce your stuffing.
Chop your tomatoes, basil and garlic. Add your seasoning and parmesan cheese and give it a quick mix.
Stuff each breast with the tomato mixture and grill on the barbecue till cooked through. If you find that your stuffing is falling out you can use a tooth pick on the opening pocket of the chicken to keep it in there.
I served this delicious stuffed chicken along side a mound of fresh grilled summer veggies. Mmmmm!
This is such a great recipe for summer because you can prepare everything on the barbecue. No need to turn your oven!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 c. tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 c. basil, chopped
- 1/2 c. parmesan cheese, grated
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced*
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- First of all preheat your barbecue. I turn mine on high because it creates a nice sear on the chicken.
- Start by cutting pockets into each of your chicken breasts. If you accidently cut through the chicken or just need a little extra support you can reinforce it with a toothpick.
- Next, prepare your tomato stuffing. Chop your tomatoes, basil and garlic and combine with you parmesan and spices. Stuff each breast with a 1/4 of the mixture.
- I also like to rub each breast with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. The olive oil is a little extra insurance to make sure they dont stick to the grill. Grill each breast till cooked through about 12-15 minutes usually. Make sure you flip half way through.
- **For the veggie side dish I just cut up my favorite summertime veggies tossed in olive oil and my favorite spices and cooked in my grill basket on the barbecue. Its my absolute favorite way to eat veggies! I don't cook them all the way through just till they still have a little crunch left.
- *adjust according to how garlicy you like it.