"A moist coconut pound cake, a crowd pleaser. I use this recipe for making wedding cake layers."
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese until well blended. Add sugar, and beat until light and fluffy. Blend in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the coconut extract. Mix in flour and baking powder until just moistened, then stir in coconut. Spoon batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until a knife inserted into the cake comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before inverting onto a cooling rack.
- This cake recipe also does well baked in layers. Will make three 8 inch layers, or one 10 inch layer and one 6 inch layer. Reduce baking time if making as a layer cake, but keep the temperature the same. Test for doneness as indicated in recipe.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 451 calories;21.1 g fat;60.7 g carbohydrates;6.2 g protein;116 mg cholesterol;191 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article