"After many years of experimentation, I’ve finally perfected what I think is the ideal formula for a rich pumpkin pie that’s also much less likely to crack on top. Serve garnished with whipped cream and freshly grated nutmeg."
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Whisk together pumpkin puree, egg yolks, and egg in a large bowl until smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk, cinnamon, ginger, salt, nutmeg, and Chinese 5-spice powder; whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Fit pie crust in a 9-inch pie plate and crimp edges.
- Pour filling into the pie shell and lightly tap on the work surface to release any air bubbles.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake until just set in the middle, 30 to 40 more minutes. A paring knife inserted into the filling, 1 inch from the crust, should come out clean. Allow to cool completely before serving.
- Get the recipe for Chef John’s Easy Homemade Pie Crust.
- Cook’s Note:
- If desired, substitute 1 small pinch of ground star anise, ground cloves, and ground white pepper for five-spice powder.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 320 calories;14.2 g fat;41.9 g carbohydrates;7.6 g protein;117 mg cholesterol;465 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article