"This is a recipe from my Gram who is English.She served this often, and I have modified her recipe for my family and this is it.A great alternative to Shepherd’s Pie."
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9 inch deep-dish pie plate.
- Place potatoes into a pot; cover with salted water, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover; simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain; mash with 2 tablespoons of the butter and the garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef, herbes de Provence, and nutmeg; cook and stir until beef is lightly brown and crumbly, about 10 minutes. Spread the beef evenly in the prepared pie plate. Cover evenly with the peas; spread the mashed potatoes over the peas. Dot the casserole with the remaining butter.
- Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven until heated through and bubbly, about 20 minutes.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 400 calories;24.6 g fat;27.7 g carbohydrates;17.9 g protein;76 mg cholesterol;199 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article