Active time: 15 minTotal time:15 min.
Yield: Serves 4
There are a lot of words you could use to describe these Couscous Tabbouleh Bowls (including “fresh,” “vibrant,” “delicious,” “nutritious”), but “cumbersome” is not one of them. This bright and flavorful quick-fix meal deserves a regular spot in your recipe rotation.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1(4.7-ounce) box plain couscous
- 1(15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2Persian cucumbers, sliced
- 1 cup prepared hummus
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1small red onion, sliced
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup feta cheese, cubed
- 12whole pepperoncini peppers
- Garnishes: fresh oregano sprigs and leaves, chopped fresh mint
How to Make It
In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Prepare couscous according to package directions. Divide couscous into 4 bowls. Evenly top with chickpeas, cucumbers, hummus, olives, red onion, red peppers, grape tomatoes, feta cubes, and pepperoncini peppers.
Drizzle bowls with dressing and garnish with oregano and mint, if desired.
Source: Read Full Article