Jane, who has been posting recipes online for several years, has recently started to share air fryer recipes, including cookies, brownies and blondies.
Her air fryer cookies are “deliciously easy with a super easy-to-make vanilla cookie dough with chocolate chips”.
The recipe makes 16 cookies and the total cook time in the appliance is just 10 minutes, perfect for a last-minute treat.
To begin with, line the air fryer with some parchment paper to avoid the dough sticking to the basket.
Jane also recommended popping some holes in the parchment paper to enable the air to circulate more freely.
READ MORE: Washing towels ‘correctly’ will keep them ‘soft’ and fluffy’[LATEST]
125g unsalted butter
100g light brown sugar
74g granulated sugar
One medium egg
300g plain flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
300g chocolate chips (150g dark, 150g milk)
1. Start by adding the butter and sugars to a bowl and beating until fully combined.
2. Add in the egg, and vanilla and beat again.
3. Add the plain flour, cornflour, bicarbonate of soda, and salt before beating it until a cookie dough is formed
Washing towels ‘correctly’ will keep them ‘soft’ and fluffy’[LATEST]
‘Best’ time to ‘stop’ cutting your lawn for winter[EXPERT]
Top five jobs to use baking soda around your home for £1[COMMENT]
4. Add the chocolate chips and beat until they’re distributed well.
5. Portion the cookie dough out onto a tray. Jane said she used a 5cm scoop and they should weigh between 50g and 60g.
6. Next, add as many cookies which will fit into the air fryer, leaving a gap for them to spread. Jane managed to fit three cookies in her appliance at any one time.
7. Bake the cookies for 10 minutes at 160C and leave them to cool for a few minutes before removing the baking paper.
8. The cookies will be very soft at this stage, so make sure to leave them for 15 minutes before enjoying them.
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Jane noted: “If you are baking from frozen, you will bake them for one minute longer at 160C for 11 minutes. If you want to bake NYC-size air fryer cookies, which weigh about 120g each, you will need to bake them in the air fryer for 13 to 14 minutes.
“They will go quite golden, but you can lower the temperature of your air fryer to 150C if you find they heat too much and bake for 15 minutes.”
Britons trying out this recipe can bake the cookies in batches, or bake as many as they need fresh and refrigerate the rest of the dough for up to 48 hours.
The cookie dough can also be frozen once portioned, ideal for anyone who needs a quick sweet fix but doesn’t have much time.
Each cookie in this recipe works out to be around 20p, perfect for anyone on a budget too.
Source: Read Full Article