Active time: :15 min.Total time::30 min.
Yield: :Serves 4 (serving size: 4 cups)
Your favorite brunch special just took on a new, heartier format. Everything here comes through: The bagels, capers, lox, raw onions, and cream cheese are all balanced out by spinach’s natural mild sweetness. This makes a lot of salad, so you could serve it as either a main or a side dish for a larger crowd. Using whipped cream cheese will make it easier to whisk. You can opt for hot smoked salmon, but cold is a classic. Since the spinach is hardy, you can make this up to 30 minutes before serving.
- 2(4-oz.) everything bagels, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 5 tablespoons (2 1/2 oz.) salted butter, melted
- 1 cup whipped cream cheese (about 5 1/2 oz.)
- 1/4cup plus 2 Tbsp. water
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped drained capers
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces fresh baby spinach (about 12 cups)
- 2/3 cup very thinly sliced red onion (from 1 [3 1/2-oz.] onion)
- 8 ounces cold-smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 1Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. everything bagel seasoning
- Dill sprigs
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss together bagel pieces and melted butter on a baking sheet; spread in an even layer. Bake in preheated oven until toasted, 8 to 10 minutes, turning once halfway through bake time. Let cool about 10 minutes.
Whisk together cream cheese, water, dill, vinegar, capers, and pepper in a large bowl until well combined (mixture will be slightly chunky). Add spinach, onion, and toasted bagel pieces; toss to coat.
Divide spinach mixture evenly among 4 plates. Top evenly with salmon; sprinkle with bagel seasoning, and garnish with dill sprigs.
Source: Read Full Article