Active time: 10 min. Total time: 10 min.
Yield: Serves 6 (serving size: 1/2 cup)
Our Guacamole Salad is a bright, crunchy, and vegetal take on everyone’s favorite avocado-based dip. The fresh vegetables provide crunch that contrasts the creamy avocado, while the coriander vinaigrette is subtly acidic and doesn’t overshadow the rest of the ingredients. This would easily brighten up a summer cookout, but also makes a great topping for fish tacos or a taco salad. Be sure to soak the red onion for at least 10 minutes to make it less harsh.
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion (from 1 [5-oz.] onion)
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (from 1 lime)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2ripe avocados (8 oz. each), halved and chopped (about 2 cups)
- 12grape tomatoes, halved (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup peeled and chopped jicama (from 1 [1 lb., 4-oz.] jicama)
- 1/2 cup chopped orange bell pepper (from 1 small bell pepper)
- 1 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeño chile (from 1 jalapeño chile)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
How to Make It
Place chopped red onion in a small bowl; add cold water to cover. Let onion soak for 10 minutes to remove its harsh bite.
Meanwhile, whisk together oil, lime juice, salt, and ground coriander in a small bowl. Set coriander vinaigrette aside. Drain onion, and set aside.
Stir together avocado, tomatoes, jicama, bell pepper, jalapeño, cilantro, and drained red onion in a large bowl. Toss with coriander vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
Source: Read Full Article