Photo by Izabella Wentz PharmD.
Cinnamon, ginger, and dates add spicy, bright, sweet dimension to this warming lamb stew.
- 4 servings
- Active Time
- 20 minutes
- Total Time
- 1 hour 45 minutes
- 2 pounds lamb stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Sea salt or pink Himalayan sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste (if tolerated)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup homemade or store-bought bone broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 small oranges, zested and juiced
- 4 cups chopped carrots
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dates
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- In a medium-size bowl, season the meat evenly with the salt, pepper, and cinnamon.
- In a large cooking pot on medium, heat the coconut oil and brown the meat, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes, or until it begins to brown slightly.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and rosemary and cook until fragrant, another couple of minutes.
- Add the apple cider vinegar, bone broth, water, orange zest and juice, carrots, and dates and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for about 1 1/2 hours, or until the lamb reaches the desired tenderness.
- Serve warm garnished with cilantro.
Source: Read Full Article