Photo by William Meppem
Combine puréed dates, peanut butter, and puffed rice into these no-cook treats and gloss with a generous coating of chocolate for a (healthier-than-store-bought) candy bar whenever a craving strikes.
- Makes 20
- 20 soft fresh dates (400g), pitted
- 1/3 cup (95g) smooth natural peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (30g) puffed brown rice
- 1/2 cup (70g) unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 80g raw organic 70% dark chocolate
- Line a 10cm x 20cm loaf tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the dates, peanut butter and vanilla in a food processor and process for 2–4 minutes or until the mixture comes together into a paste. Transfer to a large bowl, add the puffed rice and peanuts and mix to combine. Using the back of aspoon, press the mixture into the base of the tin (see note).
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (the bowl shouldn’t touch the water) and stir until melted. Pour the chocolate over the slice and spread evenly. Refrigerate for 20–30 minutes or until set. Remove the slice from the tin and cut into bars using a hot knife. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Do Ahead
- Keep bars refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Source: Read Full Article