"This is something I threw together one day when I was faced with an abundance of fresh cherry tomatoes and basil from my garden. Delish!"
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl until well mixed; spread on a shallow-sided baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tomatoes are soft and wrinkled, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook angel hair pasta in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until tender yet firm to the bite, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain; reserving a small amount of cooking water.
- Spoon tomatoes with their juices into a small saucepan; add basil and red pepper flakes. Mix in reserved cooking water to thin tomato mixture to desired consistency. Cook and stir over low heat until warmed, about 5 minutes; stir in pasta. Top with Parmesan cheese before serving.
- Cook’s Notes:
- Grape tomatoes can be substituted for cherry tomatoes.
- Chicken stock can be used instead of pasta water to thin tomatoes.
Per Serving: 287 calories;10.6 g fat;39.8 g carbohydrates;11.2 g protein;4 mg cholesterol;283 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article