Photo by Chelsea Kyle, Food Styling by Pearl Jones
Pepperoni, marinated artichoke hearts, and canned chickpeas are roasted together to make a warm and crisp foundation for this wintry riff on an Italian chopped salad. Fresh oranges balance out the salty and savory flavors.
- 4–6 servings
- Active Time
- 45 minutes
- Total Time
- 45 minutes
- 3 Tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 Tbsp. chopped oregano
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 1/4 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 lb. marinated artichoke hearts from a 12-oz. jar (about 1 1/2 cups), drained
- 4 oz. mini pepperoni rounds
- 2 (15.5-oz.) cans chickpeas, drained, rinsed, dried
- 1/2 head of iceberg lettuce, cut into 1" pieces (about 8 cups)
- 1/2 head of radicchio, cut into 1" pieces (about 3 cups)
- 4 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 navel oranges, peel and pith removed, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1/2 lb. provolone cheese, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 cup pitted black olives, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Whisk orange juice, vinegar, garlic, oregano, mustard, 1/4 cup oil, and 3/4 tsp. salt in a large bowl.
- Toss artichokes, pepperoni, chickpeas, and 2 Tbsp. oil on a rimmed baking sheet; season with remaining 1/2 tsp. salt. Roast, tossing halfway through, until chickpeas are deep golden brown and pepperoni is crisp, 18–20 minutes.
- Add iceberg lettuce, radicchio, celery, oranges, cheese, and olives to bowl with dressing and toss to combine. Add chickpea mixture to salad and toss again to combine. Drizzle with more oil.
Source: Read Full Article