"When you cross Southeast Asia and Midwest America, you get comfort food on the exotic side."
- Generously season beef chuck roast with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat; add vegetable oil. When oil is hot, brown roast on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. Remove pan from heat.
- Spread chopped onions in slow cooker; place browned roast on top of onions.
- Spoon red chili paste into the hot skillet. Add cumin and coriander. Rub mixture into hot oil with the back of a spoon to blend. Place skillet over medium heat.
- Pour in chicken stock. Return heat to high. Stir in coconut milk. Add diced tomatoes with green chiles, fish sauce, brown sugar, minced garlic, tomato paste, and sliced ginger; stir in lime juice. Bring to a boil.
- Pour mixture over pot roast; add bay leaves. Stir to distribute ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cover slow cooker and set to Low. Cook until fork tender, 7 to 8 hours.
- Remove meat from the broth. If desired, skim some fat from the surface of the broth.
- Place potatoes and bok choy into the broth; stir. Cover and turn heat to high. Cook until potatoes are tender, about 12 minutes.
- Blend cornstarch and water in a small dish until dissolved. Stir into broth mixture.
- Cut meat into large chunks and add to the slow cooker; stir. Cover slow cooker and cook on high until meat is heated through and broth is slightly thickened, about 12 minutes.
- Ladle into serving bowls and garnish with chopped peanuts and cilantro.
- Partner Tip
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 625 calories;39 g fat;42.2 g carbohydrates;30.1 g protein;86 mg cholesterol;960 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article