"This is a versatile pie; add garlic, fennel, chard, and/or herbed feta for tasty variations."
- Steam the spinach until just wilted.
- In a medium skillet heat the oil until hot and saute the onions and mushrooms. Stir together with the spinach.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs well.Stir in the ricotta, feta, and basil.
- Butter a deep dish pie pan.Place a sheet of phyllo on the bottom of the pan, and brush melted butter over the sheet.Repeat until there are 5 or 6 sheets in the pan.Spread the ricotta mixture over the phyllo.Layer 5 or 6 more sheets of filo brushed with butter on top of the cheese.Spread spinach mixture over the phyllo. Top the pie with 5 or 6 more sheets of phyllo brushed with butter.Trim dough to the edge of the pie dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 1 hour, or until pie is golden brown.
Per Serving: 406 calories;27.5 g fat;30.3 g carbohydrates;11.7 g protein;96 mg cholesterol;683 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article