- Prep 30 min
- Total30 min
Resembling mustard seed, whole millet has a chewy texture when cooked and a mild, nutty flavor similar to brown rice. In this recipe, we use it instead of oatmeal with delicious results!+
- 1In 2-quart saucepan heat water, millet, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until millet is tender and most of water is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- 2Stir in frozen blueberries; cover and let stand about 3 minutes or until blueberries are hot and remaining water is absorbed.
- 3To serve, spoon millet into 4 bowls. Top with walnuts. Serve with brown sugar.
- Top with reduced-fat (lite) coconut milk, or if you are not following a vegan diet, top with fat-free half-and-half.
- Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
Source: Read Full Article