- Prep 30 min
- Total30 min
Peppery arugula and crispy chicken join forces in this dish that makes a lovely light dinner or a filling and flavorful lunch for two.+
- 1Line cookie sheet with foil; top with wire rack. Spray rack with cooking spray.
- 2In small bowl, lightly beat egg whites with fork; set aside. Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, and pound to about 1/4 inch. Add to bowl with egg whites, and coat thoroughly.
- 3Move oven rack 8 inches from heating element. Heat broiler to high. In small bowl, mix bread crumbs, Italian seasoning and pepper flakes. Let excess egg white drip from chicken, then sprinkle chicken with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Add chicken to bowl with bread crumb mixture, pressing onto chicken. Place on rack. Broil 5 to 6 minutes; turn, and broil 3 to 5 minutes on other side or until chicken is cooked through and coating begins to brown.
- 4Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix vinegar, sugar, pepper, 1/8 teaspoon salt and the oil. Add onion, and toss to coat. Let stand until chicken is finished cooking, then add arugula, and toss to coat.
- 5Divide salad between 2 plates. Top with chicken breast, then tomatoes, followed by Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
- Pounding the chicken thinly and broiling reduces cooking time and helps keep the super-lean chicken breasts tender and moist.
- Arugula and balsamic vinegar are a natural pair, but it can be fun to mix up greens and vinegars. Try out spinach or baby kale; fresh lemon juice or sherry vinegar are fun alternatives to the balsamic.
Source: Read Full Article