Serves:8 – 10
350g plain chocolate, broken into pieces
225g Lurpak Danish Slightly Salted Butter, diced
3 medium Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Eggs
225g Billington’s Dark Brown Soft Sugar
75g self-raising flour
75g Dr. Oetker Dark Chocolate Chips (selected branches)
FOR THE FILLING
50g Lurpak Slightly Salted Butter
100g Billington’s Golden
1 tsp Nielsen-Massey
Vanilla Bean Paste
200g Bonne Maman Cherry Compote
1 tsp cocoa
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C, gas mark 5. Grease and base line 2 x 22cm sandwich tins.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter in a large bowl over a pan of simmering water.
3. Meanwhile, whisk the eggs and sugar until pale and fluffy. Stir in the chocolate mixture and then fold in the flour and chocolate chips. Divide between the 2 tins and bake for 25 minutes until just cooked. Allow to cool, then chill.
4. To make the filling, whisk the butter, sugar and vanilla extract together until pale and fluffy. Drain the cherry compote.
5. Spread the butter icing over 1 half of the brownie cake, spoon over the drained cherries and top with the remaining brownie cake. Dust with cocoa and serve.
Source: Read Full Article