"Gluten-free, grain free, but not flavor-free! Top as desired and bake for an additional 15 minutes."
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place cauliflower florets in a food processor; pulse until chopped into grains the size of rice.
- Fill a large pot with about 1 inch of water; bring to a boil. Add cauliflower "rice"; cook until softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain in a fine sieve and cool until running water.
- Pour cauliflower onto a clean dish towel; roll up and twist edges. Wring out as much water as possible.
- Transfer cauliflower to a large bowl. Add egg, mozzarella cheese, oregano, and salt; mix well. Spread on the lined baking sheet to about 1/2-inch thickness.
- Bake in the preheated oven until firm to the touch and light golden brown in color, about 35 minutes.
- Cook’s Notes:
- Wringing out the water is the secret to this crust! It is surprisingly bendable for a veggie crust – you can pick it up just like any other pizza crust. This could be adapted to calzone, breadsticks, etc.
- I think fresh basil or even minced spinach would be excellent in this crust.
Per Serving: 54 calories;1.4 g fat;7.8 g carbohydrates;4.4 g protein;46 mg cholesterol;99 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article