- Prep 25 min
- Total60 min
This casserole starts with a savory barbecue beef and bean mixture, which is perfectly paired with a sweet cornbread and cheddar cheese topping.
lb ground beef (at least 80% lean)
cup chopped green bell pepper
cup chopped onion
cup frozen sweet corn
can (15 oz) pinto beans, drained, rinsed
can (8 oz) tomato sauce
cups barbecue sauce
tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
can (11 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated cornbread swirls
cup shredded cheddar cheese (from 8-oz package)
- 1Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 12×8- or 11×7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef, bell pepper and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned; drain. Add frozen corn, beans, tomato sauce, 1 cup of the barbecue sauce, the Worcestershire sauce and salt; reduce heat to medium. Simmer 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Transfer mixture to baking dish.
- 3Remove dough from can, and separate into 6 rounds (do not unroll dough). Cut each dough round into 6 pieces; arrange dough evenly on top of hot beef mixture.
- 4Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until dough is baked through and deep golden brown. Top with cheese; bake 2 to 4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Drizzle with remaining 1/4 cup barbecue sauce before serving.
- When cutting dough rounds into 6 pieces, some piece sizes will vary. Just make sure to evenly place dough pieces on top of the beef mixture for best results during baking.
- Barbecue sauce varies in sweetness and spiciness, so feel free to use your favorite!
- Try swapping pepper Jack or Monterey Jack cheese for the cheddar cheese!
- Top with chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley before serving, if desired.
Source: Read Full Article