"I created this with ingredients I had in the pantry, and it turned into a family favorite!"
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in ziti and return to a boil. Cook pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; add onion and green pepper. Cook and stir until soft, 5 to 7 minutes; remove from skillet. Place chicken into the skillet; cook and stir until no longer pink, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Combine salsa, cream cheese, and taco seasoning in a saucepan over low heat: cook until cream cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine ziti, chicken, salsa mixture, black beans, corn, and onion mixture in a large bowl. Add 8 ounces Cheddar cheese; mix until combined. Pour into a baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven; top with remaining Cheddar cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- Cook’s Note:
- Mexican cheese blend can be substituted for the Cheddar cheese.
Per Serving: 836 calories;42.8 g fat;71.1 g carbohydrates;43.1 g protein;153 mg cholesterol;1501 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article