"Roasting the pumpkin brings out the sweetness, which pairs well with the salty pancetta. This "primo piatto," or first course, is simple and delicious!"
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pile diced pumpkin on the baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and toss lightly to coat. Spread pumpkin out and sprinkle with thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of unsalted water to a boil. Add gemelli pasta and boil until just nearly tender, about 9 minutes.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add pancetta and cook until starting to brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the roasted pumpkin and cook, stirring frequently, 2 to 3 minutes more. Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Drain pasta and add to the pan with the pumpkin mixture. Continue cooking until pasta is tender yet firm to the bite, 1 to 2 minutes more. Serve immediately, topped with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
Per Serving: 356 calories;13.6 g fat;45.8 g carbohydrates;13.8 g protein;16 mg cholesterol;730 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article