This chicken khichri is very easy to cook and an essential dish of lunch/breakfast/tiffin for those people who go to office/school/for business early and can’t have enough time for cooking. This Jhatpat khichri recipe can save their time and they will enjoy this authentic recipe in their breakfast/lunch/tiffin.
- 1 cup rice
- 250 gram chicken washed and chopped into medium pieces
- 1/2 cup lentil
- 2 tablespoon soyabean oil
- 2 tablespoon chopped onions
- 2 tablespoon chopped tomatoes
- 2-3 green chillies
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon termeric powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coriender powder
- 2 bay leafs
- 1.5 cup boiled hot water
- Salt as required
Take a bowl,put the rice and lentil and wash with clean water throughly.Drain out the water from the rice and lentil mixchure when it is soaked and keep them aside.
In a pressure cooker,put the rice lentil mixchure and all the following ingredients together with boiled hot water and pressure cooker them till 3 sitties.
Khichri is ready to serve.Enjoy it with pickles and salads.
Source: Read Full Article