- Prep 15 min
- Total45 min
No more soggy fries! With the air fryer, you can get crispy-on-the-outside, soft-on-the-inside homemade French fries with just three ingredients and 15 minutes of prep. Using the air fryer is also an easy (and delicious!) way to get perfect fries with minimal mess and fat.
lb russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch wide sticks
tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1Spray basket of air fryer with cooking spray.
- 2Place potatoes in large bowl of cold water; rinse to remove excess starch. Drain and pat dry with paper towels. Place potatoes in dry large bowl; toss with oil and salt. Place potatoes in basket of air fryer.
- 3Set to 350°F. Cook 7 minutes; shake basket to redistribute the potatoes. Cook 7 minutes longer, and shake basket again. Set to 400°F. Cook 5 minutes; shake basket, and continue to cook 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Air fryer temperature control settings vary according to brand and model. If your air fryer does not have the exact temperature setting called for in the recipe, consult your manual for suggested temperature settings.
- Our recipes do not call for preheating your air fryer. Just set the temperature, and start.
- If potato sticks are longer than 4 inches, they can be difficult to redistribute in the air fryer basket when shaking. We recommend cutting extra-long potato sticks in half crosswise.
- Shaking the air fryer basket during the cooking process redistributes potatoes and helps ensure evenly browned French fries.
- If you like salty French fries, feel free to sprinkle extra salt on fries as soon as they come out of the air fryer.
Source: Read Full Article