- Prep 25 min
- Total45 min
Experience the classic flavors of fall in a simple recipe using ingredients you have on hand. Apple pie pockets are handheld and perfect for on-the-go snacking. These fold-over-style apple pockets are delicious warm or cool.
box Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
cups diced peeled apples
tablespoon all-purpose flour
teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1Heat oven to 400°F. Unroll pie crusts on work surface. Cut each crust into quarters, making 8 wedges.
- 2Mix apples, sugar, flour and cinnamon. Top half of each crust wedge with 1/3 cup apple mixture. Fold untopped sides of wedges over filling. With fork, press edges to seal. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Cut several small slits in top of each to allow steam to escape.
- 3Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm or cool.
- One can (21 oz) of apple pie filling can be used in place of the apples, sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- For a special touch, brush water or egg white over tops of unbaked pockets and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon-sugar.Bake as directed.
More About This Recipe
- Portable apple pie you can eat without a fork? Now that sounds like a genius idea. We thought so too, which is why we baked up this irresistible recipe for apple pie pockets that you can eat with your hands—no utensils required! Brush some butter and cinnamon sugar on top for an extra delicious twist. Pillsbury pie crust makes this recipe even easier. No need to spend all day in the kitchen making pie crust from scratch!This isn’t our only amazing twist on apple pie. We have so many more! Interested in apple crescent roll-ups or apple pie breakfast casseroles? Then check out our huge collection of apple pie recipes. And when you want to sit down and just eat a slice of the classic, we have that recipe at the ready for you, too.
Source: Read Full Article