- 1 (8 oz) baguette, cut diagonally into 24 slices(1/2 inch each)
- 2 tbsp evoo
- 1 (14 oz) can quartered artichoke hearts, well drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup (2 oz) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup sour cream or reduced fat sour cream
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
Heat broiler. Brush both sides of bread slices lightly with oil; place on baking sheet. Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat 4 to 6 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once. Cool.
Lightly brush 1 1/2 to 2 cup gratin or baking dish with oil. Pat artichokes dry with paper towels; remove any tough or prickly bits. Place in food processor; pulse until chopped. Or chop by hand into 1/2 inch pieces. Should make about 1 cup.
In medium bowl, stir together artichokes, garlic, blue cheese, olives, sour cream, parsley, lemon juice and pepper. Spread mixture in baking dish; sprinkle with cheese.
Heat oven to 375°F. Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned. Serve with toasted baguette slices.
Source: Read Full Article