- 3 small onions minced
- 3 small carrots minced
- 3 small celery and leaves minced
- 1 slice minced bacon
- 1 ⁄2 package chicken giblets minced
- 2 # lean ground beef
- 1 cup red wine
- 2-28 oz cans plum tomatoes
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 6 oz hot water
- 2 tsp salt and few grind of pepper
Cover bottom of pot with olive oil and saute the vegetables and bacon until golden.
Add meat and cook until browned
Add wine and cook until evaporated
Add the tomatoes, paste, and 6 oz of hot water.
Season with salt and pepper.
Cover and simmer 2 hours then remove lid and simmer 1/2 hour more.
Source: Read Full Article