The title means, steamed mushrooms, corn and tofu in banana leaves. Botok is similar to “pepes” even though quite different and I myself don’t know what the differences are ?
You can add some chillies to make it spicier, if you don’t know how to fold the banana leaves please reffer to Youtube because I am such a teribble writer ?
Just search “cara melipat daun pisang” you”ll see many different videos. Each way of folding is different and use for different dishes ?
Hope you like it!
- 1 sweet corn, cut into kernels, boiled for 5 minutes
- 12 button mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 4 eggs, whisk
- 5 small firm white tofus
- 1 cm peeled gallangal, slice
- 1 cm peeled ginger, slice
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, slice
- 2 Indonesian bay leaves, slice
- 1 lemongrass, cut the white part only
- Some salt
- Some pepper
- Some chicken powder
- Banana leaves for the moulds
Mash the tofus in a bowl. But not to smooth, make surr to still have some lumps.
Then put everything in. Mix well.
Add the seasonings. Taste test.
Prepare the banana leaves. Clean the first and then heat them on a stove so they become softer.
Put about 3-4 tbsp of the mixture on the banana leaves. Secure with a toothpick.
Steam on a preheated steamer for 15-20 minutes or until cooked and firm.
Source: Read Full Article