Great 4th of July food.
- 2 lbs pork shoulder roast
- 1 small can crushed pineapple
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Smoked paprika, garlic salt, and black pepper
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 bottles sweet baby Ray's Hawaiian bbq sauce
- 2 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 1 fresh pineapple, skin, core, and slice
- 8 oz. Sliced smoked gouda
- 8 Hawaiian buns
Add pork, crushed pineapple, onion, and vinegar to a crockpot. Sprinkle liberally with spices. Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hrs. Until it becomes tender and easily pulls.
Pull pork in crockpot and add mustard and bbq sauce. Continue on high until heated through.
Pre heat and clean your grill.
Place pineapple slices on grill. Grill until you get good char lines on one side. Flip and place cheese on grilled side. Grill until cheese melts and pineapple is sizzling hot.
While cheese is melting toast buns on grill. Plate bottom bun. Then pork. Top with pineapple ring. Then top bun. Serve immediately. Enjoy.
Source: Read Full Article