Vegan Biryani made with brinjal and Indian seasoning. Ideal for a main dish and can combine with other side dishes.
- 2.5 cups Basmathi rice
- 300-400 g Brinjal chopped lengthwise
- 1-2 sliced Jalapenos(user preference)
- 2-4 tbsp cooking oil/margarine
- 1-2 Tomatoes chopped
- 1 Bellpepper chopped/cubed (optional)
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 50 g Biryani mix powder (any brand)
- 1/2 cup Cilantro
- 1/2 cup Onion diced
- 1/2 cup Ginger garlic paste/chopped fine
Mix turmeric powder to brinjal.In a deep pan heat the oil/margarine and saute onion, ginger garlic paste until become golden.
Add brinjal, jalapenos and stir fry for 5 minutes until brinjals are half cooked.
Add tomatoes and biriyani mix and cook for 2 minutes in medium heat.
Wash rice and add to the same pan with cooked brinjals and add 3- 3.5 cups water.Cook the rice in medium heat(lid closed) until its cooked well.
Add cilantro and bellpepper and close the lid and heat for 5minutes lid closed.
Mix well and serve hot!.Enjoy with any side dish you like.
Source: Read Full Article