From “Five Ingredients or Less Slow Cooker Cookbook”
by Stephanie O’Dea
– Keep your insert at least 2/3 full for optimum performance.
– You can still make all of the recipes in a 6-quart machine; insert an oven-safe dish such as CorningWare or Pyrex into the insert to create a smaller cooking vessel.
– 4-quart recipes will work fine in a 6-quart machine, but will cook faster. Reduce the cook time by at least a third and then check the food to ensure doneness. You can also increase the ingredients by 50% to fill the pot properly, and use stated cook times.
- 1 (16 ounce) box fudge brownie mix
- 1 (16 ounce) box chocolate chip cookie mix
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted and divided
- 4 eggs, divided
- 2/3 cup warm water, divided
Use a 4-quart slow cooker. Spray the insert with cooking spray.
In a large mixing bowl, add the package of brownie mix. In another large mixing bowl, add the package of chocolate chip cookie mix. Add 1/4 cup melted butter, 2 eggs, and 1/3 cup waer to each bowl. Whisk the ingredients until the powder is fully incorporated and no longer looks dry.
Drop large rounded spoonfuls of the batter into the insert, alternating between cookie and brownie. Add of the batter to the insert.
Cover and cook on Low for 4 hours or on High for about 2 1/2 hours. The dessert is finished when it has set in the middle and begun to brown and pull away from the sides.
Source: Read Full Article