- Prep 20 min
- Total40 min
Put a spooky spin on traditional pigs in a blanket with a delicious treat that even your picky eaters will love. Perfect as a quick dinner or snack, Cornbread Mummy Dogs are an adorable addition to any Halloween celebration. Get your little goblins and ghouls in the kitchen to help with this fun and easy two-ingredient Cornbread Mummy Dog recipe. All you need to do is wrap Pillsbury™ Cornbread Swirls around a hot dog for a yummy Cornbread Mummy Dog that’s equal parts sweet and savory, and just as kid-friendly!
can (11 oz) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Cornbread Swirls (6 count)
- 8hot dogs (from 14-oz package)
- Mustard or ketchup, if desired
- 1Heat oven to 375°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray, or line with cooking parchment paper. Remove dough from can, and separate into 6 rounds. Unroll each round into dough strip about 12 inches long.
- 2With pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut each dough strip lengthwise into 4 equal strips, to make 24 strips.
- 3Wrap 3 strips of dough around each hot dog to look like “bandages,” stretching dough slightly to cover hot dog. About 1/2 inch from one end of each hot dog, separate “bandages” so hot dog shows through for “face.” Place wrapped hot dogs onto cookie sheet.
- 4Bake 14 to 19 minutes or until dough is light golden brown and hot dogs are hot. With mustard, draw features of “face.”
- Serve baked Cornbread Mummy Dogs with ketchup, mustard or barbecue sauce for dipping.
- Have your kids help make their own version of these mummy hot dogs with cornbread. Have the dough strips cut and ready to use, and let them be creative wrapping their strips of dough around their hot dogs.
- Make your Cornbread Mummy Dogs cheesy: Cut two slices of American cheese (2 oz total) into total of eight strips. When wrapping the dough, wrap it around a hot dog and strip of cheese for each mummy dog. Bake as directed in recipe.
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
Serving Size: 1 Cornbread Mummy Dog
% Daily Value
% Daily Value*:
Source: Read Full Article