This is a combo of my recipe and my grandmothers. I lightened up some of the ingredients to make it lower in calories but still full of flavor.
- 1 x-large eggplant of 2 medium ones sliced into thin rounds
- 3 eggs scrambled. 2 for eggplant dip and 1 for meat mixture
- Italian bread crumbs
- 2 lbs ground turkey seasoned with S&P, browned, drained, and cooled
- 2 lbs low fat ricotta
- 1 quart homemade pasta sauce
- 2 cups low fat mozzarella shredded
- 1 handful fresh basil, 1 tsp dried oregano, and Parmesan cheese if you want
- Salt and pepper ingredients as you go
Brown the 2 lbs of ground turkey with S&P, and drain. Cool then add ricotta, 1 scrambled egg, and about 1/3 of the pasta sauce. Add herbs and Parmesan cheese
Cook egg dipped and breaded eggplant on greased sheet for 25 min. You should have 3 pan fills of eggplant to layer once done. Bake eggplant on 425 until golden.
Layer eggplant, ricotta mixture, a little sauce and continue to layer. You should have 3 eggplant layers and 2 ricotta layers.
Top with mozzarella cheese and bake for 1 hour at 375. Enjoy!
Source: Read Full Article