Taking you back to the 90s again with this Fridge Cleanout BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad I made from whatever was in the fridge.
Inspired by CPK, of course. 😉
Again, this is whatever I had in the fridge, but if you have jicama, avocado, and black beans, which are all in the original recipe, you should definitely add those.
The fresh lime is my addition, but it really enhances the dressing! (Forgot to include it in the pics. Oops!)
- 10 oz mixed salad greens (2 bags)
- 1 ear corn (boiled, steamed, roasted, or grilled are all good), kernels cut off
- 10 cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 an apple, cored and diced
- 2 precooked chicken breast halves (baked, roasted, grilled are all fine), cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (I had mild cheddar. I think the original has Jack.)
- 10-20 leaves basil depending on how much you like, chopped
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/3 cup Ranch dressing
- fresh lime
Put salad greens in a large mixing bowl
Throw all your other ingredients on top then dress with Ranch and BBQ sauce and a healthy squeeze or several of fresh lime juice.
Toss thoroughly and enjoy!
Source: Read Full Article