My mom’s special kerala style fish biriyani recipe. It is very easy and tasty flavoured biriyani recipe. No words!! Really yummy. Try this delicious malabar special fish biriyani.
- For Fish
- 1 . King fish – 5 (You can use any fish)
- 2 . Red chilli powder – 2 tbspn
- 3 . Turmeric powder – 1/2 tspn
- 4 . Lemon juice – 1 lemon
- 5 . Salt
- 6 . Oil for frying – 4 – 5 tbspn
- For Masala
- 1 . Onion – 3 big sliced
- 2 . Tomato – 3 sliced
- 3 . Ginger-garlic-greenchilli paste
- (ginger – 1 inch, garlic – 4 big cloves, greenchilli – 6 or 7)
- 4 . Garam masala – 1 tbspn
- 5 . Salt
- 6 . King fish – 1 slice (fresh)
- 7 . Oil – 3 tbspn
- 8 . Lemon juice -1/2 lemon
- 9 . Coriander leaves
- For Rice
- 1 . Jeerakasala rice – 2 cup
- 2 . Cardamom – 4
- 3 . Cloves – 4
- 4 . Water – 3 cup
- 5 . Salt
- 6 . Ghee – 2 tbspn
- 7 . Sunflower oil – 1 tbspn
- For Layering
- 1 . Ghee – 1 tbspn
- 2 . Saffron milk
- (soak saffron in 4 tbspn milk)
- 3 . Garam masala for sprinkle
- 4 . Some coriander leaves
- 5 . Fried onions
- (Slice 1 onion and deep fry until golden brown)
- 6 . Roasted cashews
- 7 . Lemon juice – 1/2 lemon
For Fish : Marinate fish with above ingredients for 30 minutes.
* Heat oil in a pan and fry the fish pieces just till done. Keep it aside.
For masala : Heat oil in a deep pan. Add sliced onions and saute till soft. Add salt and combine well.
* Add ginger-garlic-greenchilli paste to the onion and saute till raw smell disappears.
* Add sliced tomato and cook till soft
* To this Add Garam Masala powder and saute well.
* Add 1 piece king fish and cover and cook till done.
* Add lemon juice and coriander leaves and combine well.
For Rice : Wash and clean jeerakasala rice. Keep it aside.
* Heat ghee and oil in a deep pan. Add cardamom and cloves. Mix well.
* Add water and bring it to boil.
* Add salt and rice. Combine well.
* Cover and cook it until water dries off on medium flame.
* And mix well. Cover and cook it on very low flame until rice cooked completely.
Layering : Take a deep wide pan, add 1 tbspn ghee and prepared masala layer first.
* Then add half of the cooked rice layer, sprinkle garam Masala, half fried onions, roasted cashews, saffron milk and few chopped coriander leaves over it.
* Add remaining rice, sprinkle garam masala, remaining fried onions, roasted cashews, saffron milk, chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice.
Cover it with Aluminium foil along with lid and cook it on very low flame for about 15 minutes.
Serve hot with raita or chutney. Delicious Kerala special fish biriyani is ready to be served. Enjoy!
Source: Read Full Article