This is my Japanese grandma, Kimiko’s recipe.
- 1 American eggplant, or 5 Japanese eggplants
- 5 table spoon Vegetable oil
- 4/5 cup Japanese dashi (broth)
- 1 table spoon grated ginger
- 1/5 cup rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 0.2 oz bonito flakes
1.Cut off the stem of the eggplant, and slice it length wise into pieces that are approximately 2 inch by half inch by half inch.
2.Fry the eggplant slices in 338 F oil.
3.Bring the rest of the ingredients (except for bonito flakes) to a boil and put the eggplant slices inside. Cook for 2-3 min.
Serve with bonito flakes sprinkled on top.
Source: Read Full Article