Active Time: 20 MinsTotal Time1 Hour 5 Mins
Yield: Serves 4
If your favorite part of a lasagna or baked ziti is the golden crunchy edges, you’ll love this sheet pan pasta. Made with a cheesy Alfredo sauce, bacon, tomatoes, spinach, and a touch of lemon zest for brightness, it gets super crisp and brown on top because it bakes in a sheet pan. Before the pasta goes into the oven, the bacon is cooked on the same sheet pan, for less cleanup, plus added flavor from the drippings.
- 6thick-cut bacon slices
- 12 ounces uncooked fusilli pasta
- 4 cups baby spinach, roughly chopped (4 oz.)
- 1(15-oz.) container refrigerated Alfredo sauce (such as Buitoni Alfredo Sauce)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
- 6 ounces pre-shredded Italian six-cheese blend (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°F. Place bacon on a wire rack set in a 10- x 15-inch rimmed baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Bake in oven until bacon is crispy, 25 to 30 minutes. Roughly chop; set aside. Reserve bacon drippings in pan; remove wire rack.
Increase oven temperature to 425°F. Cook pasta to al dente according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Return hot pasta to pot. Add spinach and reserved cooking water to pasta; stir until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Add Alfredo sauce, tomatoes, mustard, lemon zest, and bacon; stir to combine.
Spread pasta mixture in an even layer in reserved drippings in rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 425°F until it’s melted and golden brown in spots, about 15 minutes. Garnish with parsley.
Source: Read Full Article