It’s soup, you’re cold, it’s warm and delicious, eat it to be warm and happy.
- 16 small red potatoes, or 8 medium russet, or whatever potatoes enough to equal that
- 1 lb. box Velveeta Cheese or store brand, whatever flavor you like
- 1-2 onions any kind, depending on how much you like onions. (Obviously use more than 2 if you like pearl onions, just get at least a lb.)
- 1 (16 oz.) container of sour cream, or more depending on if you like it creamy
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup instant mashed potatoes (Idahoan brand is my favorite)
- 4 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth (or make it with 4 cups water and 4 bouillon cubes)
- 1 lb. fresh sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 lb. cooked cubed ham (approximately)
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Crackers and bacon bits (optional)
Wash and cube potatoes (1 inch thickness and add them with seasoning, carrots and ham to a pot to boil over medium heat in the broth until tender. (I like to cheat here and microwave the potatoes before I cut them up to help them along).
Sauté over medium heat, onions and celery in margarine or butter just until tender and add the to the pot.
Melt cheese in microwave or sauce pan following package directions. (Mine says microwave 1 min. stir and 1 min. more and stir). Add to pot and stir.
Add instant potatoes to pot and stir until dissolved.
Add sour cream to pot and stir.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Sit back and relax, you’re done, enjoy with/without real bacon bits and/or crackers (I like Ritz).
Source: Read Full Article