- 2 big potatoes, peeled, diced
- 2 tbs garlic, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk (you can add full fat milk instead)
- 1 tbs curry (do not add more)
- 1 tsp turmeric (do not add more!)
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 2 lemons
- 3 tbs vinegar
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Note: Its best to put the potatoes with the spice mix on a bag and leave it in the fridge before 3 hours to enhance the flavor
On a big bowl, toss the potatoes, garlic, and onion, mix all together.
On a cup, add curry, turmeric, oregano, salt, paprika, cumin, black pepper and mix all together.
Add the spice mix to the potatoes and mix well.
On stove, heat a frying deep pan, add 1 tbs of olive oil, after its heated well, (you can smell the olive oil), add the potatoes, and stir well every 5 mins for 15 mins. (you can add a splash of water underneath the potatoes to prevent of sticking to the pan).
Add the coconut milk and stir well, lower the heat, and cover the pan with a lid to let it simmer for another 15 mins. (check the potatoes every 5 mins and stir it, then cover the lid again.A
Open the lid, and add garlic, vinegar, chickpeas, and stir to mix, cover the lid again for 5 mins.
Try the potatoes, if its ready, just squeeze a lemon into and stir it, then serve.
Source: Read Full Article