The noodles do not have to be cooked first!!!
- 1 pound Ziti rigate
- 3/4 cup pickled cherry pepper rings, chopped,
- Plus 2 tablespoons brine
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half or cream or whole milk
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese,
- 2 ounces Or about
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup parsley tops, finely chopped
- (reserve a little for topping cooked ziti)
- A few grates of nutmeg
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin and bones removed and meat
- pieces chopped or pulled into small
- 1 (12 ounce) sack of provolone and mozzarella blend
- For the Food Processor Marinara:
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped or whole San Marrzano tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce, or 2 cups tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 fat cloves garlic, crushed
- A few leaves of basil, torn
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons hot Italian pickled cherry pepper brine
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, or about half a palmful
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Place tomatoes in a food processor and add puree, EVOO, garlic, basil, red pepper flakes, cherry pepper brine and oregano, pulse a few times then puree.
In a large bowl, combine ricotta, half-and-half or cream or milk, grated Parm, egg, all but 2 tablespoons of parsley, and nutmeg, stir then fold in chicken, cherry peppers, cherry pepper brine and dry ziti.
Pour half the raw tomato sauce in 9×13 pan and add ziti and top with the remaining sauce, cover pan tightly with foil and bake 45 – 60 minutes, until pasta is just tender, uncover and top in with provolone and mozzarella and bake 15 minutes to brown, then top with more parsley and cool a few minutes to serve.
Source: Read Full Article