- Total: 9 hr 45 min(includes marinating time)
- Active: 25 min
- Yield:6 servings
- Add the sugar, salt, fennel seeds, allspice and some black pepper to a small bowl and mix to combine. Rub the short ribs with the mixture and place in an airtight bag or container and refrigerate for 6 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F.
- Add the rhubarb, onions and garlic to a medium roasting pan or braiser and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss to coat in the oil.
- Place the short ribs on the bed of rhubarb and onions.
- Bake until the top of the meat begins to brown, about 20 minutes. Reduce the heat to 325 degrees F and add the rhubarb jam in small dollops on top of the short ribs. Add the chicken broth (it should reach halfway up the ribs; add more broth or water if necessary). Cover the pan with foil or a lid and bake until the meat is tender and easy comes off the bone with a fork, an additional 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Plate the short ribs. Place the pan on the stovetop and bring the remaining liquid to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and allow to thicken until the sauce coats the back of a spoon. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Ladle the sauce on top of the short ribs and serve!
Source: Read Full Article