- Prep 30 min
- Total60 min
Veggies have never tasted better. Take comfort food to a delicious new level with this no-fuss veggie mac and cheese. Oven-roasted carrots and broccoli give it a hearty vegetable boost, and the crispy panko topping makes this creamy mac and cheese with vegetables extra special. You’ll only need 30 minutes to prep your belly-warming vegetable mac and cheese, making it the perfect family-pleasing dish for weeknights.
cups fresh broccoli florets, cut into 1-inch florets
- 2medium carrots, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1/4
cups uncooked cavatappi pasta (6 oz)
- 1/4cup butter
- 3tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2cups milk
- 1cup each shredded cheddar and shredded Colby cheeses (8 oz total)
cup Progresso™ Plain Panko Crispy Bread Crumbs
- 3tablespoons butter, melted
- 1Place oven rack in middle position; heat oven to 400°F. Spray 2-quart square baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. Spray 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking spray.
- 2In medium bowl, add broccoli, carrots, olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; mix well. Spread in pan in single layer. Bake 10 minutes; stir. Continue baking 8 to 12 minutes or until vegetables are lightly brown and just tender.
- 3Meanwhile, cook and drain pasta as directed on package. While pasta is cooking, melt 1/4 cup of the butter in 3-quart saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat. Stir in milk. Increase heat to medium-high. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in cheeses. Cook, stirring constantly, until cheeses are melted; remove from heat.
- 4Gently stir pasta into cheese sauce. Stir in roasted vegetables; pour mixture into baking dish. In small bowl, mix bread crumbs and 3 tablespoons melted butter; stir until combined. Sprinkle over pasta mixture.
- 5Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbling around edges and topping is golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- For the best creamy cheesy sauce, shred a combination of cheeses from the block. Preshredded cheese also works in this vegetable macaroni and cheese recipe.
- Make it a full meal, and serve your veggie mac and cheese with baked Pillsbury™ Crescent Rolls or Pillsbury™ French Bread.
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 Serving
% Daily Value
% Daily Value*:
Source: Read Full Article