I made some of these and posted. Before I used brown sugar.This time I made my own using molasses and sugar. I added craisins and sunflower seeds, and more chocolate.
- Liquid part
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup organic molasses
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 stick butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup sliced dates candied
- 2-1/2 tablespoon extra dark cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1/2 cup craisins cherry juice infused
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup pecans
- 1-1/2 ounces roasted salted sunflower seeds
- 3 cups rolled oats
Mix the liquid ingredients and heat incorporating well.
Toast the pecans, walnuts, and oats.
Mix all the ingredients. Press on a big pan covered with waxed paper sprayed with nonstick spray.
Chill. I put mine in the freezer for an hour or so. Then cut into bars. Put into a ziploc bag till ready to eat.
Source: Read Full Article