- 3 cups homemade applesauce
- 1 (12 oz) bottle hard apple cider
- 3 cups ketchup
- 5 oz Heinz 57 sauce (a small bottle)
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1/8 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp dehydrated onion
- 1 shallot finely chopped
In a large pot heat up a little oil and cook until translucent.
Add all the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat and simmer. Let go about an hour or so to cook down and get to the consistency of bbq sauce.
Hit with an immersion blender until smooth. If you don’t have an immersion blender or had yours recently die making soup like mine let cool and ladle into a food processor and blitz it in batches.
Instantly add some to crockpot to slow cook some pork loin for some amazing sandwiches. Or add to anything that needs bbq sauce or cool and store away for another day.
Source: Read Full Article