- Total: 1 hr 10 min(includes cooling time)
- Active: 20 min
- Yield:6 to 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a large (10-inch) cast-iron skillet.
- Stir together the strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla in a medium bowl. Set aside to allow the strawberries to macerate while making the biscuit dough.
- Stir together the flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Press the cubed butter into the flour with your fingers or a pastry cutter until the mixture resembles wet sand. Gradually mix in the half-and-half with a rubber spatula until a wet shaggy dough forms.
- Pour the macerated strawberries into the prepared skillet, then drop large spoonfuls of the biscuit dough on top, leaving some space between each. Sprinkle the coarse sugar on top of the dough and place the skillet onto a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until the biscuits are golden brown and cooked through, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool 10 to 15 minutes before serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Source: Read Full Article