Felt like something different.
- 1/2 cup red quinoa
- 1 cup water to rinse quinoa
- 3/4 cup water
- Green beans
- 1 pound whole green beans
- 1/2 cup fire roasted peppers optional or to taste
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fig preserves
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fire roasted peppers
Rise the quinoa. Drain and allow to sit 20 minutes. Toast in a dry pan.
Bring the 3/4 cup of water to boil. When it boils add the toasted quinoa. Simmer about 15-16 minutes, until the water is absorbed.
Let the quinoa rest 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Cut the green beans thinly. Slice the fire roasted peppers, and onion. Chop the dried cherries.
Heat a skillet with olive oil add the green beans, cherries, onion, peppers, and garlic. Sauté these till tender. Season with the seasonings.
Mix the dressing ingredients.
Add the quinoa and green bean mixture in a bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad. Mix well.
Serve chilled or warmed, I hope you enjoy!
Source: Read Full Article