- 8 cupslow-sodium chicken broth
- 4 quarter-sized slices fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 lemongrass stalk, thinly sliced (this is a job for an adult)
- 2 tablespoonsfish sauce
- 4 ouncesrice noodles
- 1 cupshredded or diced cooked chicken
- 1 ⁄4 cupeach chopped fresh cilantro and basil leaves
- 1 cupbean sprouts
- 1 tablespoonVietnamese chili paste (if you like it spicy)
- 1 lime, quartered
Put the broth, ginger, garlic, lemongrass, and fish sauce in the pot and put the pot on the stove. Turn the heat to high and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to low and cook 20 minutes.
While the broth is cooking, put the noodles in the bowl and cover them with hot water. Set aside until soft, 20 to 30 minutes. Drain the noodles and divide them among the 4 bowls.
Put the chicken, cilantro, basil leaves, bean sprouts, chili paste, and lime in separate bowls and put them out on the table.
Ladle broth on top of each bowl of noodles and allow each guest to add whatever accompaniments they choose.
Source: Read Full Article