- Total: 30 min
- Active: 30 min
- Yield:4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- Mix the mayonnaise and 1/4 cup of the teriyaki cooking sauce in a small bowl until combined. Slice four 1/4-inch-thick rounds from the pineapple (reserve the remaining pineapple for another use). Form the beef into 4 patties and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat, alternatively prepare an outdoor grill for medium-high direct and indirect heat. Add the bacon and pineapple in a single layer in a grill pan; if using an outdoor grill place the pineapple over direct heat and the bacon over indirect heat and cover. Cook until golden on one side, about 5 minutes for the pineapple and 7 minutes for the bacon. Flip both with tongs and continue cooking until the bacon is crisp and the pineapple is golden and soft, about 6 minutes more for each. Transfer to a baking sheet along with the rolls and keep warm in the oven.
- Add the burgers to the grill pan or outdoor grill over direct heat and cook until well browned on one side, about 4 minutes. Flip the burgers and cook for 2 minutes. Brush the burgers with half the remaining teriyaki cooking sauce, top with the mozzarella and brush with more sauce. Cover the burgers with a heatproof metal bowl or grill lid and cook until the cheese is melted and the burger is cooked to desired doneness, 1 to 2 minutes for medium.
- Put a burger on the bottom half of each roll and top with 2 slices bacon and 1 pineapple round. Divide the teriyaki mayonnaise among the burgers, spooning it into the hole of each pineapple round. Top with the roll tops.
Source: Read Full Article