"Great way to use the Easter ham bone."
- Bring 3 quarts water and ham bone to a boil in a large stock pot. Boil until meat from the bone comes off easily, about 1 hour. Remove bone from broth. Allow bone to cool enough to touch; remove as much meat from as possible. Transfer meat to a resealable plastic bag, seal, and refrigerate.
- Pour broth into a large bowl; cover and refrigerate overnight. Skim and discard any fat from the top of the chilled broth; transfer broth to a large pot.
- Bring broth to a boil; add potatoes, cabbage, celery, and reserved ham. Continue to simmer until potatoes are tender, about 45 minutes.
- Whisk 1/2 cup water and flour in a bowl; whisk into potato-ham soup until thickened. Add light cream; stir.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 111 calories;0.2 g fat;24.8 g carbohydrates;3.3 g protein;0 mg cholesterol;33 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article