Jamie Oliver’s three-minute tomato pasta sauce is perfect for those days you want to whip up something hearty and tasty but can’t be bothered to embark on a laborious cooking endeavour.
In a YouTube video entitled “Three Minute Tomato Pasta sauce | Davina McCall” Jamie called the recipe “so delicious, so quick, so easy”.
He said: “So next time you get home from work and you need something that feels like a little hug, that makes you feel good, make a nice little sauce yourself.”
The superstar chef revealed that this is one of his “comfort” dishes, and what makes him happy is the “humble chilli”.
He explained that the super hot part of a chilli is its seeds, so by deseeding them you can “take away that aggressive heat and amplify the fruitiness”.
READ MORE: Jamie Oliver shares how to make ‘perfect’ scrambled eggs – ‘beautiful’ and easy
- One red chilli, deseeded
- Tin of chopped tomatoes
- Two cloves of garlic, finely sliced
- Olive oil
- Tin of tomatoes
- Fresh lasagne sheets
- 80g frozen peas
- Feta cheese
Feel free to add some of your favourite ingredients from your cupboard, like flaked tuna or olives.
Jamie offered a tip: “When you’re getting your tomatoes, when you want the best quality, A grade tomatoes go whole. The B grade will go into passata and to chop.”
Ripen an avocado in just two minutes using easy microwave method[HACK]
Princess Kate and Prince William’s favourite meal – delicious and easy recipe[INSIGHT]
Raspberry and almond cake takes just 10 minutes to prepare[RECIPE]
- Advert-free experience without interruptions.
- Rocket-fast speedy loading pages.
- Exclusive & Unlimited access to all our content.
- Put a saucepan on the hob on a high heat. Deseed and slice up your chilli, then finely slice your garlic cloves.
- Add a glug of oil to the pan, then add the chilli and garlic. Grab your basil, separate the leaves from the stalks and chop up the stalks, chucking them in the pan.
- Pour your tinned tomatoes into your hands – make sure they’re clean first – and break them up. Clean out the tin with a swig of water and pour this into the sauce.
- Take your fresh lasagne sheets and slice them up however you like. If you have a favourite pasta, feel free to add this in instead, cooked.
- Pop the pasta into some seasoned water. Add the peas to the tomato sauce. Season to taste.
- Drain the pasta and add in a little bit of the water. Toss the pasta with the sauce and pop it briefly back on the hob.
- Garnish with feta cheese, olive oil and the basil leaves.
Source: Read Full Article